Rachana Cornelia Brand is a dedicated forest therapy guide with the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy (ANFT) and based in the remote valley of Hedalen in Norway. She is founder of WoodWolfWalks where she offers not only forest therapy walks but facilitates also monthly Nature Connection groups and gives Forest Whispering sessions. All her services can also be joined online, either in English, Norwegian or German. She strives to help people have a deeper connection with Nature as she found that to be the most healing approach for us and for our planet.
Rachana was born in Germany and moved to Norway in 2016. She has a background in educational management and tourism and is also a yoga teacher. In Norway she quickly came into contact with Dharma Mountain in Hedalen, a meditation and freedom resort at the foothills of Vassfaret. She fell in love with that place that vibrates beauty and pure silence. Eventually she moved to Hedalen and works as of today for both Dharma Mountain and for Fosstopp (tree top cabins in Hedalen) and is offering Forest Therapy walks. She enjoys a life so close to nature.
Here you can find Wendy’s blogs about or which describes events in Norway, my country of calling. Since childhood she love this countries, with its nature and folklore stories. Most of these blogs are inspired by her three visits to Norway in 2019.
- Norway Spruce, a story about Shaman Claus, mushrooms and fire
- Norwegian Easter: time for ash and crime
- Norwegian Birch Bark
- Sacred “Garden” trees of Norway and Sweden
- Meeting Japan’s curse spirits during a Forest Bath (in less extent, but with insights about Norway)
- Birch cake and the colonization of Hokkaido’s nature and Ainu (in less extent, but with insights about Norway and the Sami)
- Big Pine Memories
- When a Nordic forest bath becomes a fairytale